LEONA LEWIS is increasingly worried about crime in England's capital, after several of her friends were robbed in the street.

LEONA LEWIS is increasingly worried about crime in England's capital, after several of her friends were robbed in the street.
The Bleeding Love hitmaker grew up in the East London borough of Hackney, which has seen a rise in knife crime in recent years.
And Lewis blames the problem on the dwindling number of activity centres to keep youngsters off the streets.
She says, "So many of my friends have been mugged or been involved in incidents in one way or another. The problem is complicated. My parents both work within that youth field. A few years ago all these youth clubs were shut down in Hackney. It means you have kids out on the street with nowhere to go and nothing to do, and it's a recipe for trouble."
But Lewis is keen to stay close to her roots, insisting there is nowhere she would rather live.
She adds, "We need to think about building new facilities. It's something I'd love to get involved with. I actually love Hackney. I don't want to see it get worse and worse. When the time came for me to get my own place, I couldn't think of anywhere I'd rather be."

Comments